Mark A. Cevallos
Mark A. Cevallos grew up in San Antonio, Texas. Mark earned a President’s Scholarship to Wabash College where he received his A.B. in Economics in 1999. At Wabash, Mark played lacrosse and was an editor for the school newspaper, The Bachelor. Mark participated in the Wabash Moot Court competition from 1996-1998, and was a Finalist in 1997.
After graduation Mark returned to San Antonio to earn a J.D. from St. Mary’s University School of Law which he earned while working full-time. Mark spent two years as a legal intern at the Bexar County District Attorney’s Office where, practicing with a Third Year Bar Card, he secured a conviction in a Driving While Intoxicated jury trial, which was later affirmed on appeal.
Mark is an experienced litigator with a statewide practice. Mark has tried auto accident, workers' compensation, premises liability, defamation, and criminal cases to jury verdicts. He has tried dozens of non-jury and administrative trials. Mark is also an experienced appellate advocate having written nearly 60 appellate briefs and has appeared for oral argument in the Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Seventh, Eighth, Eleventh, and Thirteenth Courts of Appeals.
Mark enjoys sports, tailgating, reading non-fiction, and video games. Mark lives with his wife and their cats on San Antonio’s West Side.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation 100%
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2003
- New Mexico, 2007
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- Wabash College, Crawfordsville, Indiana
- A.B. - 1999
- Major: Economics
- Adams v. Gottwald, 179 S.W.3d 101 (TexApp–San Antonio, 2005, pet. denied) (4th Court of Appeals 2005)
- Valverde v. Biela’s Glass & Aluminum , 293 S.W.3d 751 (Tex.App–San Antonio 2009, pet. denied) (4th Court of Appeals 2009)
- Smith v. Travelers Cas. and Surety, 327 S.W.3d 775 (Tex.App.–Eastland 2010, no pet.) (11th Court of Appeals, Texas 2010)
- Bad Faith in Workers' Compensation, West Texas Seminar, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ector County Bar Association
- Permian Basin Trial Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Bexar County District Attorney's Office, Legal Intern