Upholding The Duties Common Carriers Have To Passengers
You may frequently utilize the services of common carriers. Whether you take the bus to work or call an Uber or a taxi to avoid driving yourself, common carriers are part of many people’s normal, everyday routines.
If you are involved in an accident involving a common carrier, you need an experienced legal advocate on your side. At The Law Offices of Miller & Bicklein, P.C., we have represented car accident injury victims in San Antonio and across Texas since 1994. We leverage our experience and reputation as trial attorneys to investigate the circumstances surrounding an accident and hold all liable parties accountable.
The Dangers Of Riding Or Sharing The Road With Common Carriers
Common carriers must comply with safety regulations and act reasonably in prioritizing the safety of passengers. We represent both passengers and other drivers after an accident involving a common carrier, including those involving:
- Uber and Lyft: Ride-sharing services can lead to complex considerations in a crash, including the liability of the driver, of the company and more.
- Taxi cabs: Cab drivers must follow strict requirements, including maintaining a safe vehicle, refraining from cell phone use, driving a certain number of hours and more.
- Mass transit: Bus and train accidents can include multiple at-fault parties, including the driver or operator, manufacturer, government agency and more.
- Airplanes: Whether human error, mechanical failure or more contributed to your accident, the flight crew, plane manufacturer, airline and more could be at fault.
- Automated vehicles: As automated vehicles become more mainstream, determining the root cause of the accident can be challenging.
Your injuries may be severe, involving broken bones, spinal cord or neck injuries and more. We understand your need for thorough, swift legal representation.
Knowledgeable In Pursuing Complex Personal Injury Claims
Claims involving common carriers differ from other personal injury claims. We investigate the negligent behavior involved to assert that the carrier failed to uphold their duties to passengers and that this failure led to your injuries. In proving this, we fight for the full amount of damages you are due. Damages can provide compensation for your medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering and more.
Get An Experienced Lawyer On Your Side
Get the dedicated legal representation you deserve. Schedule a free, no-risk consultation at our San Antonio, Lubbock, Odessa or Abilene offices. Call us toll-free at 866-609-3852 or send us an email.