Aggressive Legal Allies:
Safeguarding Your Rights and Future

Oilfield accidents: What type of compensation can you claim?

On Behalf of | Nov 22, 2016 | Oil Field Accidents |

Working on an oil field can provide a good living for you and your family but there is also a higher risk of injury. At The Law Offices of Miller & Bicklein, PC, one of the most common questions we hear from injured workers is what types of compensation are they eligible for.

As an employee, the first option you have is to claim workers’ compensation. Under this state program, your medical bills are essentially covered. This also includes any medication your doctor prescribes for you, the need for additional surgery, physical therapy and other forms of treatment. Additionally, you may receive benefits for a portion of the wages that you have lost during your recovery period. If you have been left permanently disabled, or you have lost a limb, there may be other benefits available to you.

The second option you might have open to you is a personal injury claim. This is usually pursued in matters concerning traffic accidents or if you were injured while working on a different company’s property. Within personal injury law itself, you can ask for appropriate compensation to cover the full extent of the damages you have suffered. This includes suffering of not only a physical nature, but an emotional or mental one as well. For example, if you were severely burned in an explosion, you may be experiencing nightmares or even depression over your injuries. Additionally, you can ask for an amount to cover the entire loss of your wages, or future wages if you cannot return to work, and for all medical care related to your injury. To learn more about this subject, please visit our web page.