Helping Motorcyclists Through Their Injury Claims
Any motorcyclist can tell you that riding a motorcycle comes with additional risks, yet those who drive passenger vehicles rarely seem to keep this in mind. When bikers are less visible and more exposed on the road, they commonly suffer far worse injuries in an accident. When a negligent or reckless driver causes these accidents, bikers deserve an attorney who can help them maximize their compensation.
At The Law Offices of Miller & Bicklein, P.C., our lawyers have over 90 combined years of experience representing clients throughout San Antonio and the rest of Texas. Motorcyclists are vulnerable to many different causes of accidents, and understanding the risks can help them stay safe.
Additional Precautions For Bikers
While there is no way to ensure other people on the road are driving responsibly, you can take extra measures to protect yourself from a reckless or negligent driver. Some things to keep in mind while driving include:
- Being aware of blind spots – Smaller vehicles like a motorcycle can fit into smaller blindspots for other cars
- Giving proper signals – Some bikers take their lane changes for granted, and a distracted driver may not notice this change and sideswipe a motorcycle
- Watching for signs of a reckless driver – If someone is neglecting traffic laws, speeding or tailgating, chances are they are not looking out for motorcycles.
These extra securities can help you avoid the devastating consequences of a motorcycle accident.
Common Biker Injuries
In an accident, a motorcyclist is more prone to some forms of injury than others. A few typical injuries include:
- Extreme road rash after being thrown from a bike
- Broken bones and crushed limbs from direct collisions with other vehicle
- Traumatic brain injuries from blows to the head
Insurance companies may try to avoid liability by pushing the blame onto you in your claim or alleging that your injuries are not as severe as you claim. As your injury representation, we aim to maximize the compensation you receive to earn every penny you need for the best possible recovery you can achieve.
We Stand For Motorcyclists
We understand that motorcyclists commonly face a bias in these claims, and we are committed to helping you through your claim in any way we can. Meet with our committed lawyers to develop a personalized representation strategy for your compensation claim today. Call 866-609-3852 or email us here to schedule your initial consultation at any of our Texas offices.