Your Next Steps After An Accident
After getting into an accident, it is common not to know what to do next. Many people are unaware of what they can do to protect their best interests after a collision. When a mistake can cost you the total compensation you deserve, rely on the guidance of a skilled personal injury team to help you.
At The Law Offices of Miller & Bicklein, P.C., our Texas lawyers have more than 90 years of combined experience representing injured clients, and our extensive experience can be your roadmap to recovery after your crash.
Acting Fast To Protect Yourself
The sooner you can act after an accident, the better. Before getting out of your vehicle, you can begin taking action to protect yourself. Some critical steps you can take include:
- Seeking medical attention – If you are in critical condition, seek medical help immediately. Otherwise, see a doctor as soon as you can after your accident to confirm your condition.
- Contact the police – No matter what the other driver may say, it is in your best interests to reach out to law enforcement. Their assistance can provide you with a police report for your claim, secure the scene of the crash and verify if you need medical attention or are experiencing hidden injuries.
- Gather local information – Information at the scene of your accident is critical to your claim’s success. If you can safely move about the scene, gather videos and pictures of the vehicles, surroundings and anything that may have contributed to the accident.
- Collect driver information – If you are able to talk to the other driver, be sure to collect their name, license information, insurance information, vehicle information and contact information. The more you can gather from your initial meeting, the better.
- Report your accident – Two parties need to know about your accident: your insurance company and our lawyers. Call your insurance company to inform them of the accident so they can begin their responsibilities in your accident. Finally, call any of our Texas offices so we can begin crafting your injury claim strategy.
By taking as many of these steps as you can, as soon as possible, you can greatly improve the quality of the outcome in your case.
Take The Next Step With Us
If you are ready to contact our committed legal team, call us at 866-609-3852 or email us here to schedule your initial consultation today. We look forward to guiding you through your accident claim with compassion and commitment.